As you take the opportunity to browse over my thoughts keep in mind that I write it as I feel it. Isn't that the way all writing should be?

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Self Paced

So I am in an accelerated nursing program which doesn't have semesters , we have 5 week mods. We have to learn a whole lot very fast but we knew this when we started the program. Somehow, after the second mod people are just realizing "oh this is a lot of work". They want the information literally handed to them. My professor is awesome. She goes through the chapter and points out what we really need to focus on, she gives us study guides, she is willing to stay after to give extra help, she even list the clinical terms for the chapter that we need to know. My GOD what else could you ask the woman to do??? Well apparently our quizzes need to be made a certain way, our study guides need to pratically tell us word for word what to study, oh and if she could give bonus points on our test for no reason that would be appreciated. WTF?!? We are in fucking college and we are in an adult ACCELERATED program!!! NOTHING is going to be handed to you so put your hands back into you pockets and get over it. What do they think working in the clinical setting is going to be like, " Oh I don't feel like looking at the dosage for this medication, can you do it for me?" Uh no, get off your ass and do it yourself! She can give us the means to do well but our professor cannot teach us how to study, that is a skill we should have by now! What makes it worse is the fact that the "complainers" like to speak as if the whole class feels the same way they do. All the bithcing is just going to make her stop giving us any of the "extras" she has given us. Why is plenty never enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to where the wild things are...

This is my page. I will tell you now that I am a strange one and my mind is never in one place for longer than like, a minute. Expect my blogs to have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other! These are my thoughts about life, the universe, and everything (gotta love Douglas Adams). Feel free to check out my blogs and whether you agree, disagree, or could care less, comment!