As you take the opportunity to browse over my thoughts keep in mind that I write it as I feel it. Isn't that the way all writing should be?

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Americanized Anime


Why is it that whenever an anime is translated and formatted for American tv they try to change things? I love anime but I don't like it in English. They change the dialogue to sound uber cheesy or they water it down considerably. Take Sailor Moon, there are about 5 seasons or 200 or so episodes. Only 2 seasons were shown on general tv because we couldn't figure out how to continue making people believe Uranus and Neptune were "cousins" when in fact they were lesbians! Bleach dialogue in it's original Japanese is more intense than its English counterpart. Dragonball, well lets not even go there because all DBZ fans were hurt to the core when we saw that. What I would love to see is a series translated word for word from Japanese to English and put on main stream television. Wonder how long before the first complaint rolls in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to where the wild things are...

This is my page. I will tell you now that I am a strange one and my mind is never in one place for longer than like, a minute. Expect my blogs to have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other! These are my thoughts about life, the universe, and everything (gotta love Douglas Adams). Feel free to check out my blogs and whether you agree, disagree, or could care less, comment!