As you take the opportunity to browse over my thoughts keep in mind that I write it as I feel it. Isn't that the way all writing should be?

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Tattooed and Ladylike

What exactly makes a woman "ladylike"? Random question but I just saw an article about worst women tattoos and read some of the comments that were left (www.lemondrop.com/2009/02/18/worst-tattoos-on-women/). Somehow these men that responded to the article decided that a woman having tattoos makes them "skank-whores" and less than women. It blew my mind that my body art was also a comment on my moral sensibilities. I wasn't aware that having my mother's name made me a tramp? Who knew the angel made me a heathen? The "RIP MOM" just adds the frosting to the slut-cake huh? Other commentors decided that a tattooed woman will never find a job or a mate. Yet, I have a job I enjoy and I am single because I choose to be. This is not the response I have gotten from the men around me, in fact most guys I have met liked my ink. So this leaves me to wonder, are these just isolated idiots or is the dislike of female tattoos more common than I ever realized?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to where the wild things are...

This is my page. I will tell you now that I am a strange one and my mind is never in one place for longer than like, a minute. Expect my blogs to have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other! These are my thoughts about life, the universe, and everything (gotta love Douglas Adams). Feel free to check out my blogs and whether you agree, disagree, or could care less, comment!