As you take the opportunity to browse over my thoughts keep in mind that I write it as I feel it. Isn't that the way all writing should be?

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is stupidy an epidemic?

I work at a REALLY big inner city hospital. I can understand why people get lost, the design is confusing. My problem? Let me describe my most recent conversation at the elevator area: visitor- "I am on the second floor of main hospital, how do I get to the first floor?" me-"Just get on the elevator and go down one and you will be right there." visitor-"how will I know it is the first floor?" me-"ma'am it is only one floor below us, in fact you can take the stairs if you like" visitor irrate now-" how am I supposed to know to go down one floor, there are no signs!" me-"well ma'am I guess we assumed that most people would be able to figure out how to get from the second to the first floor without a sign." I had to walk away because stupidy might be contagious. Maybe I am paranoid but I am not taking any chances!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to where the wild things are...

This is my page. I will tell you now that I am a strange one and my mind is never in one place for longer than like, a minute. Expect my blogs to have absolutely NOTHING to do with each other! These are my thoughts about life, the universe, and everything (gotta love Douglas Adams). Feel free to check out my blogs and whether you agree, disagree, or could care less, comment!